Tuesday 14 May 2013

Flowers - a photo Challenge





I'm running late for Donna's monthly

When I visited her blog I saw that the 
party linky had 53 minutes left
before closing.

I searched my photos and finally
made a decision on these three.

When I went back to link up the 
linky had closed.....




... so I left a comment on Donna's blog
telling her of my dilemma...
then I received an email from her
to say she had re-opened the linky
so I could now post -
how kind is that?

Thank you dear Donna!

I'm linking to this month's
flower

Please pop in to see some great flower images.

I use a very basic 'point and shoot'
digital Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS3
with a Leica lens.


I take most photos on 'normal picture'

mode.






I took all of these photos about six weeks ago
in the
Nancy Steen Memorial Garden
within the Parnell Rose Gardens in
Auckland, New Zealand.

You can tell from the colour of the foliage
that these are Autumn blooms,
they also have that soft spent out colour
which I love.

Nancy Steen wrote a beautiful book
called
which is a bible for lovers of the old heritage roses.


À bientôt


and be kind to one another


hugs



Shane 




For some wonderful tips and helpful suggestions
on photographing flowers
please visit Donna's blog





18 comments:

  1. There is no flower more beautiful than a pink rose, Shane, and your photos are the best. I will read those hints on flower photography, because I have no expertise at all, but love trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty pink roses, I hope they were as fragrant as they are beautiful.
    Glad you made the challenge, I'll still try to remind you for next month.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. There just aren't any ugly roses are there Shane! Yours are so pretty even in Autumn, love the first pic, ballet pink and almost look like ballerinas' dresses. Mine are now blooming their first bloom which always seems the prettiest, and I get upset when rain and wind come and shatter the petals!

    Glad you made the challenge this month - it's always fun. Donna shares so much photo knowledge and useful tips with us too.

    Hugs - happy week.
    Mary X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you were able to participate! No worries about running a bit behind schedule. It was Mother's Day weekend, so I think everyone was a bit pre-occupied.

    I adore the old heritage roses and even grew a few at our former cottage. They have a comfortable form and possess such exquisite fragrance. Thank you for sharing these lovely examples, no doubt from your cottage garden. I really like how you captured raindrops on the petals, and that brings a lot of texture and interest to the floral subject. My favorite of these is the second one because it beautifully showcases the soft form and inviting center. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Shane l.. so glad you made it in time :-) Your pictures of the roses are just beautiful - not sure if they are fragrant or not, but I can almost smell them. They are absolutely one of my all time favourite flowers. Have a wonderful week dear friend, Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does not matter what kind of equipment you use to take a picture, only how you see the subject. And these are all fantastic. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your lovely rose photos and links. Old heritage roses are so beautiful, especially as they open then often change colour. You're reminding me that we have the rose season to look forward to next in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful roses...old roses always smell the best I think. Of course, it's autumn with you and supposed to be late spring in France - we are a bit wet and cold in the Limousin at the moment - hope summer arrives very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos Shane...that is what I call pure blogging love, to let you back in. She is a treasure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Shane, your photoes are so very beautiful, and I love the roses , so lovely they are- in the most soft sweet tone- you have captured such a beauty!!
    Hugs and love,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shots! This reminds me to stop by our local Rose Garden...enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna is so kind isn't she? Beautiful rose photos Shane. Enjoy the day! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely roses - glad you got to share.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful blooms, I can't wait for the roses to come out here in the UK .... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a divine challenge -- and a grand blog host. These are so lovely -- I'm not sure I could ever grow anything with such grace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna is such a sweetie and her party is such fun! I'm glad you posted your pics! There's nothing more beautiful than roses! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now I'm wondering how she did that! Obviously, Donna is amazing. Your photographs of these roses are amazing, too. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...